OUR 5 SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENTS
At Twin Flame we care and have made it our priority to reimagine the whole process of producing a clothing line in the most sustainable way possible.
1. Sustainable design
We believe a sustainable piece is first and foremost a piece that one wears and keeps forever. Each capsule collection offers high quality pieces to last in time. Twin Flame garments are versatile in order to consume less but better.
2. Produce while being socially responsible
The Twin Flame garments are manufactured in France, in workshops that respect workers and the working conditions protected by French law.
We chose to manufacture in France to highlight the French savoir-faire recognized all over the world.
3. We only chose suppliers that share our sustainable commitment
At Twin Flame we choose to source as much as possible fabrics with 100% of the same fibers which means that when the time will come to recycle them it will be fully recyclable into a new valuable resource.
- Each piece is made with a certified fabric (GOTS, FSC and ZERO WASTE POLLUTION) and/or natural fibres.
- The labels are made of 100% recycled polyester from recycled plastic bottles and are certified GRS.
- The buttons are made from corozo, it is vegetable ivory extracted from the fruit of the palm.
- Other materials such as yarn, thermobonding & elastic rubber are all free from toxic chemicals, and are certified OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 label.
4. Limiting our environmental footprint
Zero stock, Zero waste
By choosing capsule collections available only in pre-order, Twin Flame fights against the waste of overproduction, one of the reasons why the textile industry is one of the most polluting.
100% green packaging
The packaging has been entirely designed to limit the waste associated with every purchase.
- Each Twin flame item is packed in a climate positive envelope made out of recycled stone at the factory. We do not use plastic poly bags to pack our clothing. No trees, no water, no bleach, no acids are used to produce the packaging. It is printed with soy ink and made with 100% solar energy. When making this envelope 67% less of CO2 is emitted compared to conventional paper making.
- The brand label, the button pouch and the Thank You notes are made of seed paper that can be planted and ready to blossom.
- The shipping pouch is reusable. It can be sent back to our supplier REPACK, from anywhere in the world, and it is completely free. You can learn more about this partnership here.
A delivery with less impact on the planet
As of today, we know that delivery is a polluting factor of e-commerce that is the reason why we choose partners that have sustainable commitments within their company:
- For french deliveries : we chose La Poste as it is the 1st carbon neutral logistic company in France. Which means that all deliveries in France are carbon compensated.
- For worldwide deliveries : we chose DHL Express as they commit to a zero emission target and continuously introduce innovative green logistics solutions to make the delivery process more sustainable.
1% for Healthy Seas
Twin Flame supports an environmental cause that is dear to us. We will donate 1% of each sale to Healthy Seas Association, which recycles ocean waste into textile products.
5. Give a second life or recycle
“If fashion brands were aware and responsible for the end-of-life of their collections, they would produce differently.” By Karen the Co-founder
At Twin flame we are aware of this issue and we offer our clients two alternatives :
Join a new wardrobe : To give a piece of clothing a second life in someone else’s wardrobe, send it back to us for store credit. Depending on its condition, we will repair & re-sell it as a “Pre loved” piece. All profits from the resale will also be donated to Healthy Seas.
Recycle or Compost : At Twin flame our priority is to source fabrics that have 100% the same fibers. This allows for it to be recycled and become a new valuable resource. Fabrics made with 100% natural fibers are also completely compostable.